Call Us at: 770-385-8954 Fax: 770-385-8590
Due to risks associated with COVID-19, in-person group classes are not in session until further notice.
At Covington’s Women Health, we pride ourselves on providing all our patients with a positive birthing and mothering experience. That’s our mission, and it’s also the reason why we adopted the CenteringPregnancy Program.
Designed with the idea that women helping women leads to a better outcome, we adopted this prenatal care program to create opportunities for pregnant women to connect with one another and help each other during the pregnancy journey.
If you’re considering signing up, learn exactly what to expect from the CenteringPregnancy Program below!
What Happens at the CenteringPregnancy Program?
This program is designed to enable caregivers to educate women more thoroughly, facilitate community among women, empower women to take charge of their own healthcare, and create an understanding of the natural changes during pregnancy. Here’s how we accomplish these goals:
- Your group will consist of eight to 12 other women who all have similar due dates.
- Each meeting lasts two hours. You will have the opportunity to schedule far in advance so you won’t be left scrambling to make plans to schedule the meeting.
- Your visit is facilitated by an OBGYN practitioner in addition to a specially trained assistant. Medical help will be right there with you every step of the way.
- You’ll learn how to take your own vitals in addition to being an active participant in your prenatal care.
- Partners are encouraged and welcome to come.
- Children, however, are not allowed to attend the sessions.
What Will I Learn at the CenteringPregnancy Program?
We have several education-based goals in mind when it comes to these meetings. Here is the outline for what you will learn:
- Best practices for taking care of yourself and your baby during your pregnancy.
- What to expect during your pregnancy and labor.
- How to take care of your newborn.
- Breastfeeding how-tos.
- Keeping yourself comfortable and happy during labor.
- Diet during your pregnancy.
- Parenting styles and tips.
In addition to having medical professionals in attendance during the meetings, you will also have the opportunity to ask our doctors any private questions you have before and after the meeting. That way, you’ll always have a resource to lean on and a way to continue learning throughout your motherhood journey.
What Are the Benefits of the CenteringPregnancy Program?
Aside from being a top-notch education-based program, here are several other beneficial outcomes from participating in the program:
- Greater satisfaction with care.
- Decreased rates of postpartum depression.
- Greater success with breastfeeding.
- Decreased rates of premature birth before 37 weeks of pregnancy.
- Decreased rates of gestational diabetes.
- A greater sense of community with friends made and support system developed from the program
If you want to learn more about our CenteringPregnancy Program or want to sign up to be apart of the group, give Covington Women’s Health a call at 770-385-8954!
“Definitely good for first time moms and individuals who don’t have a good support system.”
“They should try it. It is very helpful.”
“It is amazing! Amazing women to talk to!”
“Even if you feel like you don’t need the extra help – you do! This group will help you and also you can help other women among the group.”